The Hill Is Burning is a Thrash/Death metal band from Reunion island, based in south indian ocean. From a volcanic island, THIB keep the explosive way of his music ! Between thrash of Sepultura (Beneath the remains and Arise period) progressive touch like Nevermore, and blastbeat from death metal band like Aborted or Benighted, The Hill Is Burning is a mix of all this elements.
Thrash/Death Act The Hill Is Burning release the double single “The Dreamer” and “From Away”. The tracks are available on all streaming platforms.
These two songs are performed by The Hill Is Burning, at audioworks production studio with Chris Clancy, under the supervision of Colin Richardson.
“The Dreamer”: https://open.spotify.com/album/1DeuCvsferh69xDIWFhlCq
In this new interview, we talk with the band about their music inspirations, curiosities and future plans. Check it out bellow:
1.Where did you get the idea for the band name, you planned it or came out just like that? The name of the came after we saw a major fire next the house of the singer,and the vision of a hill,who totally burning,was just crazy! the name of the came just after that!
2.Why did you want to play this genre? The main compositor,Ced, listen Death and Thrash metal since early 90’s,and band like Death,Morbid Angel or Sepultura are major influences for the band!
3. Did you know each other before the band was formed? We are friend since long time with David,with Eric we met when i try to sell my EVH 5153…we stay in contact since 10 years,and we are good buddy,with Nico,the lovestory start since 2017!
4. Each band member’s favourite band? David Bass Guitar: Pantera, Death, Animals As Leaders. Nico Bellville: Dreams Theater, kreator, Periphery, Gojira, As I Lay Dying, Devin Townsend. Eric Castelnau: Slayer / Testament / Motorhead. Cédric Quéré: Aborted,Neurosis,Nevermore,Coroner,Massacra.
5. Who or what inspires you to write songs? Differents stuff…Chuck Shuldiner of Death, for always try to do your better,Dimebag Darrell,Gary Holt and Jeff Loomis for songwriting influences,and Stephen King, for the millions ideas he gave when you read one of his book.
6. Where was your last gig? At StudioTic , Reunion Island , january 28!
7. Whom would you like to feature with? Sepultura,Exodus,Aborted,whatever,we wan’t to play!
8. Have any of you ever suffered from stage fright? Any tips for beginners on how to beat that? Hahaha, we live in Reunion Island, nest Madagascar in indian Ocean,when we suffer of fright,temperature are around 12 or 13 degrees, But when I was student, I Had to play guitar at – 12 C°,Jack Daniel’s can help in this moment!
9. What bands have inspired you the most? The Hill Is Burning is a band with Beneath The Remains/Arise of Sepultura major influence,Enemies of Reality of Nevermore,come just after,and for ambience parts, NEUROSIS with times of grace!
10. What’s the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you for? Mmm to ask his parents to let him to come at our gig…I’ve got long hair,an Overkill shirt who says’FUCK YOU” behind,and maybe drink to much beer for talking with anybody…but I do it,and belive or not,the parent let the kid coming hahaha!
11. What do you think of your fans? This always a kind moment,because musician is an hard job,post stuff on Instagram,don’t forget tag sponsors,don’t say bullshit(Hardest part!),and when you meet someone tell you “thank’s for your music,that gave me the strong I need to go to shool,or job or whatever,job is done! That’s gave us a huge strong for continue to work with the band!
12. Something to add? Album release in September,we are so excited to present all our job to the world! 8 September 2023,save the date, Cheers!